|photo by: Bryan Castillo|
I've had a few different questions/requests regarding my foundation routine so I wanted to do my best to try and explain what products I use and how I use them. Also before you start reading, be advised that this is a FULL COVERAGE tutorial. That being said, I wear a lottttt of different makeup products to achieve this look. It can be an every day makeup routine but I personally don't have enough time to do this every day... or I guess I just value sleep more than looking perfect for work. Let's begin...
- I always begin by moisturizing with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer and prime my face with The POREfessional by Benefit Cosmetics. I then spray a few pumps of NYX COSMETICS Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray to help hold the foundation in place.
- Next, I cover up any blemishes or redness using Sonia Kashuk® Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette (blending with my fingers).
- Then, I pour a small amount of L'Oreal® Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup on the back of my hand, dip my Studio 35 Beauty Blender Sponge into the foundation and blend onto the face and neck. If any imperfections are still showing, I will go back in with the Sonia Kashuk® Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette and cover those spots.
- Using my fingers, I apply M·A·C 'Pro Longwear' Concealer under the eyes to cover my dark circles. Since it is a little too light for my current skin color, I apply Maybelline® Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer over it to tone down the color. I then blend out the concealer using the REAL TECHNIQUES Miracle Complexion Sponge.
- Next I set my foundation using the e.l.f. Powder Brush and Tarte smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder. Using the e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush (I know, weird to use a blush brush for setting my concealer but it works great), I mix Ben Nye Banana Powder and M·A·C Shaping Powder Pro Palette - Emphasize to set the concealer under my eyes.
- To contour, I sweep Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer under the cheek bones and on the hairline (I use the brush that comes with the Hoola bronzer | similar | similar | similar). Next, I blend Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush - Sensuous Rose into the bronzer and on the apples of the cheeks (I use Sonia Kashuk® Blusher Brush - No 101, not a bad brush but not life-changing haha). On the top of my cheek bones, I highlight using the REAL TECHNIQUES Setting Brush and the Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki.
- To finish, I once again spray a few pumps of my NYX COSMETICS Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray to hold everything in place.
That's it! Do you like these types of walk-through tutorials? Please let me know if you have any questions, requests or suggestions for me! I love hearing feedback.