I decided that I'd like to start doing more in-depth reviews of beauty products I try! I love reading these types of blogs, so why not try it out!? I took the #BetterSkinChallenge and wore Maybelline's SuperStay Better Skin Foundation for 21 days. I received this product free for testing purposes, but I promise to give you an honest review. This foundation claims to give you better-looking skin in 3 weeks by reducing the appearance of spots, dullness and uneveness to give you brighter, more even and stress-free skin. I decided to take a photo each day I wore the foundation to see if I noticed any differences in my skin over time.
- GREAT coverage
- Hides pigmentation and uneven skintone.
- Medium-full coverage and buildable.
- Blends beautifully into skin
- Long-wearing (with a good powder for oily skin)
- Oil break-through in my T-zone after about 7 hours.
- No breakouts!
- Oil-free and good for sensitive skin
- I love that it comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The pumps gives you a perfect amount of product.
- Full price is around $11.99 which is a great deal for a good foundation.
- Very flat finish
- I could never wear this foundation on its own with a setting powder onlu. It makes my skin look very flat and unflattering. Requires additional product (highlight and bronzing) to achieve final look.
- No real noticeable differences in my skin
- Despite its claims for better skin in 3 weeks, I did not see any real differences. My skin looks a bit brighter after 3 weeks but no differences in my hyper-pigmentation or uneveness.
Before bed, I apply a very heavy moisturizer (Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream) and wake up with extremely hydrated skin. In the morning, I put on my Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme and Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer. I then apply 1 1/2 pumps of the SuperStay Better Skin Foundation on the back of my hand and using a damp beauty blender I blend into my skin and lightly set the foundation with Tarte Smooth Operator Clay Finishing Powder. Since this foundation has a flat finish, it is very important that I highlight and bronze in order to bring some dimension back into my face using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer and Physician's Formula Shimmer Strip in the shade Vegas Strip/Light.
Although this drugstore foundation has a couple of downfalls, I am extremely impressed. Out of the many drugstore foundations I've tried, this is definitely one of my favorites. The amazing coverage and blending power makes it very quick and easy to apply this foundation. I like how it wears throughout the day and will definitely continue to reach for this foundation before many of my beloved high-end foundations. I completely recommend this product and will purchase again and again after I've used this one up. Go check it out!